One of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents in the U.S. is errors other drivers make on the road.
If you were in a motorcycle accident in Gulfport, Mississippi, that someone else caused, you may be facing everything from medical bills to insurance claims. But it does not have to be stressful; with a skilled Gulfport motorcycle accident attorney from Smith & Holder, PLLC, by your side, you can hold the responsible party accountable.
At Smith & Holder, we’re here to help you navigate your motorcycle accident claim and fight for the maximum compensation you deserve. Contact us today, and let us support and guide you through this taxing time.
What Should I Do If I Am in a Motorcycle Accident?
If you find yourself in a motorcycle accident in Gulfport, it’s crucial to follow these steps:
- Seek medical attention. Ensure you and anyone else involved in the accident receive medical attention as quickly as possible. Even if you feel fine, some injuries aren’t immediately apparent.
- Report the accident. A police report is essential for documenting the incident and determining liability.
- Gather information. Collect as much information as possible, including the other driver’s contact information, insurance details, and any witness statements. Take pictures of the accident scene, vehicle damage, and your injuries.
- Do not admit fault. Avoid admitting fault or making any statements to the other party or their insurance company that they may use against you later.
- Contact Smith & Holder, PLLC. Reach out to us as soon as possible. We can work with insurance companies and help ensure your rights are protected.
- Preserve evidence. Keep all documents related to the accident, such as medical bills, repair estimates, and correspondence with insurance companies that will help in building a strong case.
- Avoid social media. Refrain from discussing the accident on social media or posting any information that could be used against you, as insurance companies often monitor social media accounts.
After you’re in a motorcycle crash, a Gulfport motorcycle accident attorney at Smith & Holder can be your lifeline. We will fight relentlessly to secure fair compensation and provide the support and guidance you need during this challenging time. You do not have to face the aftermath alone. Smith & Holder is here to help you get back to solid ground.
What If I Am Partially at Fault for My Motorcycle Accident?
Mississippi is one of 12 states that follows what’s known as the doctrine of pure comparative negligence. This means that even if you are partially at fault for your motorcycle accident, you can still collect compensation for your injuries. The catch is that insurers and courts adjust the compensation you receive according to your level of fault.
For example, let’s say your total damages are $100,000, but an investigation finds you 30% responsible for your accident because you were tailing the vehicle in front of you too closely. In this scenario, your entitlement would amount to $70,000, representing 70% of the original compensation. Under the pure comparative negligence rule, even if you are up to 99% responsible for the accident, you can still seek compensation, provided someone else is also at least 1% responsible.
If you are unsure about compensation or your degree of fault, a skilled motorcycle accident lawyer in Gulfport can help. At Smith & Holder, we can review your case and help you determine liability; together, we can develop a strategy to pursue a settlement successfully.
What Can a Gulfport Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Do for Me?
Smith & Holder can guide you throughout the legal process. Our skilled attorneys deeply understand Mississippi’s traffic regulations and personal injury laws and bring a wealth of expertise to your case. As your advocates, we will:
- Investigate your motorcycle accident—we will undertake a thorough investigation, including collecting evidence, speaking to witnesses, and reconstructing the accident scene to establish fault;
- Evaluate your damage—we will calculate your losses, including current and future medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and even potential punitive damages;
- Build a strong case—we will assemble all the necessary documentation, including medical records, accident reports, and witness statements, to build a compelling case on your behalf;
- Pursue compensation—we will work tirelessly to pursue compensation for your medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages;
- Negotiate with insurance companies—we can negotiate with insurers to help ensure you receive fair compensation for your injuries and damages; and
- Represent you in court—if you do not settle and your case goes to trial, we will represent your interests, presenting your case clearly and effectively to fight for your rights.
If you or a loved one was in a motorcycle accident in Gulfport, Smith & Holder offers a dedicated team ready to fight for the compensation you deserve. We are here to support you throughout the entire process, both emotionally and practically. We understand that dealing with legal matters can be overwhelming and stressful. That’s why, from your initial consultation to the ultimate resolution of your case, we are committed to ensuring your legal journey is as clear, understandable, and stress-free as possible.
Smith & Holder, PLLC Your Dedicated Motorcycle Accident Advocates
If you’re looking for an experienced motorcycle accident attorney in Gulfport, you can trust Smith & Holder to get the job done. As a local practice devoted to serving the residents of Gulfport, we take a creative yet no-nonsense approach to personal injury cases to secure our clients the maximum compensation. Our dedication to justice is unwavering, and we will stop at nothing to ensure you receive what you’re entitled to. Whether it means negotiating with insurance companies or fighting for a favorable court verdict, we are ready to do what it takes to achieve a just resolution as quickly as possible. To learn more about how we can help, give us a call or connect with us through our online form. We offer free evaluations and never charge a cent unless we win.