Knowledgeable Pascagoula Personal Injury Attorneys Ready To Serve You
Experience and Passion to Fight for All Injury Victims in Pascagoula
Do you live in the Pascagoula area? Have you recently been the victim of an unfortunate accident that has left you disabled, injured, or with a diminished quality of life? If so, you may be feeling overwhelmed, traumatized, and uncertain as to what steps to take next. One thing that you should never feel, however, is that you are alone. At Smith and Holder, our trusted team of personal injury lawyer is here to help.
Why Smith and Holder?
Our team has the successful courtroom experience necessary to fight for your best interests. Combined, our team has years and years of experience successfully litigating personal injury matters; as we all know, there is no substitute for that. We would love to put that experience to work for you as you pursue the compensation you deserve.
At Smith and Holder, we care about your story and the personal relationship we build with you. We’re here to help. We believe that we can do that best by building a strong attorney-client foundation in which you understand that you are valued and that we care deeply about your case. Our involved, client-centered approach ensures that we pay attention to each unique detail of your case, such that we can craft the best strategy to secure the compensation you deserve. Our Pascagoula personal injury attorney will be available to you, and we will keep you informed as to the progress of your case each step of the way.
While no one can take away the pain that you’ve endured, we can hold the responsible parties accountable for the damage they’ve caused. We have a proven track record of successfully litigating personal injury cases in a wide variety of circumstances for countless clients. We have collected significant compensation on their behalf, and we can do the same for you.
Claims and Compensation
If you or a loved one has been harmed in any of the situations outlined below, we’re here to fight on your behalf:
- Car Accidents: While we all want to feel safe on the roads and believe that others are driving as responsibly as we are, this is unfortunately not always the case. Safe drivers can become victims of those who are reckless, distracted, or intoxicated.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Statistics indicate that more than 50,000 motorcyclists per year are injured or killed in traffic accidents. If you or a loved one are one of these victims, call us today.
- Truck Accidents: Accidents involving large commercial trucks cause a significant number of injuries and fatalities. If you’re involved in an accident with a large truck, injuries can be significant and long-lasting.
- Premises and Product Liability: Are you the victim of a slip and fall or another accident at a premise that you believe was caused by the negligence of another? Have you been injured by a product that did not work as intended? Call us today.
- Wrongful Death: Losing a loved one is the worst sort of loss imaginable. If you believe your loved one has passed due to the negligence or incompetence of another, we’re here to help.
- Nursing Home Abuse: Statistics indicate that nursing home residents are all too often the victims of physical, financial, or emotional abuse. Don’t feel like your loved one needs to suffer alone.
If you are the victim of an accident like those above, or in another set of circumstances that you feel may qualify for compensation, our Pascagoula injury attorneys would love to hear your story and discuss your possibilities. Under the law in the state of Mississippi, you may be eligible to receive compensation. This compensation would be not only for the direct financial effects of their injuries (such as bills for medical treatment, lost wages, and more), but also for non-financial effects, like physical pain and suffering, mental anguish, and emotional trauma.
Your Claim Might Be Worth More Than You Think
Under Mississippi personal injury law, you are typically entitled to far more than simple reimbursement for your medical expenses and property damage, especially if you were seriously injured. Insurance companies, of course, don’t want you to know this – far better that you walk away with a smile after receiving a quarter of what your claim is worth. At Smith & Holder, however, we can calculate the true value of your claim. The following are some typical components:
Compensatory damages compensate you for all of your losses, both tangible and intangible. They can generally be divided into economic and non-economic damages.
In a nutshell, economic damages are damages that are easy to count, such as:
- Property damage;
- Hospital bills and other medical expenses;
- Anticipated future medical expenses;
- In-home care;
- Lost income due to your injury;
- Loss of earning capacity, if you cannot return to your former occupation because of your injury; and
- Incidental expenses caused by your injury, such as child care and travel expenses.
Non-economic damages are typically awarded for psychological losses, such as:
- The physical pain and suffering you endured (often calculated as a multiple of your total medical expenses);
- Emotional distress and mental anguish;
- Loss of enjoyment of life (due to a long-term disability, for example); and
- Loss of consortium (a claim filed by your spouse for losses incurred due to impairment of sexual relations, loss of financial support, loss of companionship, etc.).
Punitive damages may also be available under certain circumstances.
Contact Our Highly Skilled Pascagoula Injury Lawyers Today
Without question, the first and most important thing to do after being injured in an accident is to seek treatment from a medical provider that you trust. The next step is to call us. At Smith & Holder, PLLC, we are proud to serve the Pascagoula community and we are eager to help you as you recover from the effects of an accident that was not your fault. Our established Pascagoula personal injury lawyer has the experience to deliver results, and the passion to fight tirelessly on your behalf. Please give us a call today to schedule your free consultation. Our lawyers look forward to speaking with you and to learning how we can help.
As experienced legal attorneys, we also have expertise in representing clients with other types of legal matters such as criminal defense. We are located in Gulfport, Mississippi and are dedicated to serve Gulfport, Biloxi and all of Jackson and Harrison Counties.